Saturday, March 03, 2007

Opportunities? Grasp Them

Have we all learned the lesson of grasping opportunities the moment they appear? If your opportunities seem to get away or be elusive, there is a little story that I want to share with you.

A lady was seated under a large oak tree in the autumn of a year long ago while reading her favorite book. Suddenly the wind brought the most beautifully tinted leaf and laid it by her side. She looked down and marveled at its intricate color pattern with its glorious oranges, reds, and yellows swirling together. She thought to herself, "What a lovely leaf! I mustn't forget to pick it up after I finish this chapter! I have to press it in my book and save it." But when she finished that chapter and looked for the leaf---it was gone.

If the wind could have spoken, I probably would have said, "Madam, I brought you that leaf and placed it where you could secure it by merely reaching out your hand to take it. But you chose to leave it until a more convenient time; therefore, I have sent it away, where though you search forever, you will never find it again; and even if, after many days' searching you could find it, it would not be the same, the beautiful tints would be gone."

Compare the story of the leaf with your opportunities. Be aware of the those that come your way when they appear, and take a hold of them when in your grasp.

Have a beautiful Saturday. Do something fun. Enjoy yourself-enjoy LIFE!

Donna

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...