Thursday, March 01, 2007

Health Through Love

In a sense love is everything. It is the key to life, to our happiness, and to our health: Yes, our health. We must be diligent in eating right, and by getting enough exercise, fresh air, sunshine, and good water. However, in addition, we must think and feel love thoughts-happy thoughts, if we are to stay healthy.

A prophet of old proclaimed a wonderful chemistry of life: "A merry heart doeth good like medicine." And the beauty of it is that it does good not only for yourself, but your partner, neighbors, and your friends.

I well know that this works. I was home-bound and frequently totally bedridden for weeks on end over a period of 11 years from an injury. With the prospect of being in a wheel chair, I took this scripture very seriously. In my thoughts and conversation, I had to begin to speak ONLY love/happy thoughts and very often that wasn't the easiest thing to do. Do you remember what I said of Helen Keller in a former post? She said she had to "jealously guard her thoughts." I had to do the same.

To dwell on the negative side of things is always destructive. This is true of the body the same as it is true of everything else. I literally began to send love thoughts with strong feeling out to every cell of my body while visualizing wholeness in every area, and I continue to do that. As a result, my state of health began to improve, and keeps on improving. Thinking and feeling happy thoughts, also, helped to maintain a good relationship with my family and spouse during some very difficult years.

It hasn't happened overnight. However, I have learned that through faith, patience and perseverance in guarding my thoughts, there is no condition , no experience that rightly viewed and rightly turned and used will not bring us stores of good through love.

Are you in a state of poor health? You can do the same. More on this tomorrow...

Have a beautiful, joyful, hope-filled day,
Donna

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...