Monday, January 08, 2007

How Do You Talk to Yourself?

We all say things to ourselves. Do you give yourself uplifting pep talks telling yourself that "This is a great day," or "I am so grateful to be alive?" Or, do you start out your day complaining about the weather, how your spouse didn't complement you on your hair, how the kids didn't pick up after themselves before leaving for school, and so on?

All the words running through your head have an affect on your life. "It's an awful day," "This is terrible weather," and so on, express your feelings towards the weather, but is it going to change anything? No. It's only going to start your day off with those neggies-negative thoughts.

Those same feelings can be expressed towards yourself when you say things such as, "I can't stand that," "I feel so tired," "My memory is failing," "I am getting old," "I had a miserable night," "It seems I just can't get ahead and probably never will," "There's no chance for me," "Everything is uphill," "I don't have anything but hard luck," "My nerves are so frazzled," or, "It seems that I just have to look at food, and I gain weight."

My relatives said this one all the time when I was a girl, "Money talks, and it's always saying good-bye to me." They thought it was cute and funny, but, oh my, how wrong they were.

That and a thousand other statements that I could mention here that people say to themselves and out loud around others are all most destructive. Statements such as these are said flippingly everyday. If you come to understand the power of thought and words, you'll realize that such statements can be nothing but injurious and should be avoided at all costs in order for you to "live in joy and prosperity."

Tomorrow I'll continue on this subject because it is so important for us all and the world we live in today.

God bless,
Donna

Thought for the day:

"It's worth a thousand pounds a year to have the habit of looking on the brightside of things," --Samuel Johnson

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...