Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Give Your Troubles over to God First-Not Last!

Hope you are having a great day. We had a blessed, wonderful week, and I'm so happy to be back posting.

In my last post I talked about worry. There is a little story that I have to share with you.

Many years ago, there was a woman of means who was perplexed and worried about some circumstances that she had no control over. Wringing her hands and pacing the floor day after day for a week, she saw no answer to her dire problem. All this time her little housemaid was observing the woman in her despair.

The woman finally through up her hands one morning, looked up to the heavens, and declared, "I guess I'll just have to turn the problem over to You, God."

At the time, the little housemaid was on her knees scrubbing the old oak floor boards. She looked up at the woman and spoke quite boldly saying, "Maam, I was wonderin' when you'd git around to turnin it over to God. I just don't understand why ya didn't do that in the first place?"

Isn't that the way it usually is? People worry over circumstances instead of turning it over to God "in the first place."

Are you a worrier? Throw your burdens on God no matter what the problem is, for "He is faithful." You are His child. He loves you. Trust Him. He will take care of you.

In love & joy,
Donna

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...