Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Prayers for Virginia Tech


Yesterday saw great tragedy in loss of friends and family of many at Virginia Tech. I am saddened and shocked, as everyone is, that such a thing has happened.
I send my deepest condolences and prayers to all who have lost those dear to them. I hope the sentiments of James Whitcomb Riley will be of some solace.

Away

I cannot say, and I will not say
That he is dead. He is just away!

With a cheery smile, and a wave of his hand
He has wandered into an unknown land

And left us dreaming how very fair
Its needs must be, since he lingers there.

And you--oh, who the wildest yearn
For his step, and the glad return--

Think of him faring on, as dear
In the love of There, as the love of Here.

Think of him still as the same, I say,
he is not dead--he is just away.

God bless you and keep you all and them in His most tender care.

With much love,
Donna

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...