Saturday, July 07, 2007

Take the Time to Love

It is so good to be back. I've missed blogging and sharing "possibilities" with you. I was with my dear, sweet, 94 year old aunt while she was ill, and when she passed on a few weeks later. I will miss her for we were very close. I took off a few weeks to reflect and spend time with the family.

Life takes twists and turns along the road of life. Being with someone who is in their last days on the earth gives one new perspectives on life in general. I was going through her humble possessions and shedding copius tears in remembering many joyous moments together. As I looked up, I saw a little piece of paper on the side of a cabinet that I hadn't noticed being there before. It said "Life goes on." And, it was in her own handwriting. Wow, in that moment I desparately needed that advice from her.

Love those who are around you. Take the time to call or write those who aren't. If there is time for anything, there is time for love. Make time to share a hug; time to listen to a friend; time to smile at someone. Take time today to stop for a moment and just be thankful. Life, no matter how long it is, even 94 years, is still too short. Don't miss out on what's truly important-loving people.

May you have a life that is long, filled with music, laughter, joy, and love.

God bless you,
Donna

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...